Your podcast can be so much more than just an audio file.
I use my podcast as a “Pillar of Content”.
Here’s what I mean by that:
My podcast launched over 2 years ago with episodes of #theSKYLERIRVINEshow.
In each episode, I interview top executives, athletes, entrepreneurs, influencers of a community figure and have about a 45-60 minute conversation.
The full conversation’s audio is then edited and published to all the audio podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts, Spotify and SoundCloud.
But we also edit the full video and upload to YouTube.
We also take behind the scenes photos or photos after the show to post on these platforms with snippets of the show in the copy.
Sharing the link to your podcast episode is like sharing a book with no cover: good luck ?♂️
Then, each completed episode becomes a blog post on my website so I only have to share one link for someone to be able to:
– or learn more about the episode and/or guest.
This is how my 45-60 minute conversation turns into weeks of social media content, in addition to just a podcast episode.
Additionally, we have also improved many of our re-purposing techniques, such as 3-minute horizontal video shorts for Facebook vs. 60-second . square/vertical video shorts for Instagram.
A few takeaways:
- If you are going to spend all the time and energy to record a podcast, why not also film it so a little extra time can get it on YouTube (aka the #2 search engine in the world)
- Start with a process that works from day one, and then add to it over time
- From video, you can then get everything else: Audio, Photos, Video Clips, Transcripts etc… But without video you are limited
- Figure out from the start if your priority is to grow your podcast subscriber base (ie. push all your marketing towards this channel), or reach as many people as possible wherever they currently spend time (ie. re-purposing your content to cater to an Instagram audience, on instagram, rather than just posting links to your podcast channel.)
Was this helpful? If so, please share it with others. And if you have questions please feel free to reach out to me directly on whichever social media platform your prefer. Looking forward to hearing from you!